I made orange creamsicle jello a while back, and while it was good, it ‘needed something’. Then the raspberries got ripe. Raspberries! It needed raspberries. So I made this.
Excuse the lack of measurements– I don’t measure when I cook, usually.
Coconut-Raspberry Swirl Jello
A fresh, light, allergy-free and paleo gelatin with sweet fruit swirling through a faint coconut-lemon base
Put your recipe here. Tip: use ordered and unordered lists, headings, images, and links to improve the look of your recipe. You can also use special tags to format notes, ingredients, and directions.
For the coconut-lemon base:
– 2 cups full fat coconut milk
– 1/4 cup lemon juice (more or less to taste)
-3 Tbs grass fed unflavored gelatin
-stevia or honey to taste
-a pinch of salt
For the raspberry swirl:
-1 cup raspberries, mashed (sweetened if desired)
-a handful of fresh raspberries
-1 heaping Tbs. grass fed unflavored gelatin
- In a medium pot, warm the coconut milk and gelatin, stirring regularly, until gelatin is dissolved.
- pour into an 8X8 (or slightly larger, depending on desired thickness) baking dish and chill until starting to firm.
- Warm raspberries and gelatin until gelatin is dissolved. Swirl into the half-chilled coconut mix.
- Sprinkle whole fresh raspberries on top. Chill until set.
We really enjoyed this one. I love the mild coconut-jello base– it compliments many fruit combinations very well.