What does an artist do when she discovers that she has a hand-me-down box of watercolor paints?
She tries them out.
I’d never used them before. I have always used watercolor pencils– I like those because with them I can be detailed, and I love details. But I never could get the smooth texture I wanted….and I found them in these paints. There’s a first time for everything.
I think I’m gonna like these.
Here’s the first things I learned about using watercolor paints:
- I have no clue if I’m using them right, but I like them anyway
- You can mix the colors to get the hues and shades you want. You can’t exactly get the same effect with pencils.
- paper towels are wonderful (1. To sop up excess color/moisture from your paper, 2 to wipe your paintbrush, and 3. to clean off the table when you make a mess)
- Beatrix Potter is amazing
- Sunshine is the stuff of life.
As I said, I think I’m going to like these.